Newport, Oregon is located along the Central Coast of Oregon and is a fantastic destination for those looking to enjoying the beach, great restaurants, fantastic views, trails, wildlife viewing, and more! Check out this 10-minute guide to plan your next vacation to Newport, Oregon!
Where To Stay
We stayed at the Best Western Newport Hotel and totally recommend this place when traveling to Newport, Oregon! Here are a few reasons why we loved our stay:
- On-site restaurant (go there for breakfast, it was delicious!)
- RIGHT on the beach! If possible, get an oceanview room)
- There is an on-site firepit that’s perfect for those summer evenings
- Friendly and accomdating staff
How To Get Around
We had an amazing time driving the 2021 Mazda CX-30 along the Oregon coast! A few of the amazing features that we enjoyed were
- LED headlights
- 8-speaker audio system
- Remote keyless entry system
- Head up display (this was my personal favorite feature!)
- Electronic parking brake
What To Do
Our favorite activity was driving to the Yaquina Lighthouse! It’s said that this spot is haunted but we sure didn’t see any ghosts during our visit! Nearby, you’ll find a museum and a gift shop. I recommend parking there and taking a short stroll along the coast to get to this iconic site. If you’re lucky, you might be able to spot whales out in the water as we did!