The Capitol District is such a cool area to explore when visiting Omaha, Nebraska. It is home to great food, a fantastic hotel, and plenty of unique things to do. Here’s a quick guide to everything you need to know about the Capitol District.
Where To Stay In The Capitol District
We’ve gotten to experience the Marriott Omaha Downtown hotel twice. Once in the winter and the other time during the summer months and I can tell you it’s great year-round!
This award-winning hotel has a beautiful rooftop pool, on-site dining, spacious rooms and suites, comfortable beds, and views for days! Below are just a few of the reasons that I recommend staying here while exploring the Capitol District.
- Center of the Capitol District but also near Downtown Omaha
- Very clean and safe
- Beautiful artwork in the hotel
- Steps away from entertainment, bars, restaurants, and igloos (more on that below)
- During the cold winter months, you don’t even have to walk outside to get to Burdock + Bitters, Society 1854, J.Gilbert’s, the Jewell Jazz Club, and Starbucks
Where To Eat At The Capitol District
There are so many incredible dining spots in this area but one of my favorites is Burdocks and Bitters! This happens to be located inside the Marriott hotel but you don’t need to be a guest to dine in or order to go.
Whether you order breakfast, lunch, or dinner you’re in for a treat! We’ve gotten to try their incredible breakfast and dinner options. If you happen to order breakfast, get the buttermilk waffle and berry smoothie! Steve loves the classic ham and cheddar omelet and would recommend that.
I asked my Instagram community what recommendations they would give and here are several of their suggestions.
- DJ’s Dugout- Best bar food! Pretty inexpensive too and a great spot for watching a game with friends
- Lighthouse Pizza- Make sure you get the dipping sauce for the pizza crust!
- Nosh- This spot has the best flatbreads and poutine. This place also has a great happy hour
- The Jewell- Venue is awesome and the craft cocktails are A+
What To Do At The Capitol District
- Book an igloo at the Capitol District! There are eight private igloos in the plaza that can be enjoyed as a date night, family game night, or drinks with friends! The Capitol District offers complimentary flatware for meals, blankets, board games, small televisions with DVD players, holiday favorites, and pillows for check out!
- Bring the kids to splash in the small splash pad fountains.
- Come with your friends to enjoy a game or movie on the large, outdoor screen.
- Pick-up dinner at a local restaurant and eat in the courtyard.
I hope you have as much fun as we have had on your next outing to the Capitol District!