Most people that end up wanting to vacation in Quintana Roo, book flights to the Cancun airport but then wonder where they should stay during their vacation. Here are 9 compelling reasons to stay in Playa Del Carmen while in Mexico!
Additional Reading- How To Ditch The Tourists in Cancun, Mexico
The Ideal Location For a Quintana Roo Trip
I have visited Quintana Roo area every year since I was a little girl and still go back as frequently as I can because of the beach, ocean, the people, culture, and I’m not going to lie… the food! (Quesadillas in Mexico is my go-to food).
We’ve spent the majority of our time in the northern part of the region. Most people do the same because of the proximity to the Cancun Airport. The next question people ask themselves is where to stay while visiting Mexico?! Well my friends, I have the answer for you today.
Additional Reading- 4 Adventurous Things To Do In Tulum, Mexico
Deciding on whether to stay in Cancun, Tulum, Akumal, Puerto Morales, Isla Mujeres etc. can be a difficult decision because each town is so different!
Playa del Carmen is made for every type of traveler. Whether you are looking to explore and sightsee or simply lay on the beach your entire trip, this city is for you.
Additional Reading- Best Three Tips When Visiting Isla Mujeres, Mexico
9 Reasons To Stay in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Great, central location with easy access to all of the surrounding area.
- The public transportation system is phenomenal and cheap! Renting a car is an easy and painless alternative, there are also plenty of shuttles and taxis to get you to where you need to go.
- Playa del Carmen also has countless options when it comes to accommodations. You could choose to go with a resort or a hotel if that’s your thing but the town also offers more than enough condos, hostels, apartments, Airbnb, etc. I have also found most options to be quite affordable. For example, you can get an Airbnb (my favorite option) right along the beach for $25-40 a night! When we take huge family vacations we usually rent out a 12 person condo which can be $200-300 a night that turns out to be not too expensive if everyone is splitting it.
- Fun atmosphere and great vibe
- Mamitas beach is my personal favorite
- Availability of cheap food options
- 5th Avenue
- Fun & young nightlife
Additional Reading- 5 Amazing Things To Do In Valladolid Mexico [Must-See Attractions]