This article will go over the very best baby monitors for traveling with babies and toddlers. Some of the factors that we took into consideration were price, weight/size, battery life, and durability! This list will go in no particular order. I prefer baby monitors that rely on a local video feed, rather than Wi-Fi. This is because generally these monitors are more reliable with sometimes sketchy hotel wifi and have fewer security concerns. All of the baby monitors are non-wifi devices.
1. Infant Optics DXR-8 PRO Baby Monitor
- Active Noise Reduction Feature -filters out background noises so you can hear your baby more clearly
- High definition 720P video resolution playback.
- Closed-loop FHSS system provides you with a secure and private connection that only you can see
- Volume and brightness buttons on the monitor itself
- Simple and user friendly
- Slighter cheaper is the Infant Optics DXR-8 model (not the PRO model).
2. Eufy Baby Monitor
- Get alerted immediately from the video baby monitor when your baby is crying
- The large 5″ 720p video baby monitor display shows a sharp picture
- The Eufy SpaceView Pro has all the same features as the Eufy SpaceView, but it adds a bigger, longer-lasting battery (which makes the unit bulkier so keep that in mind when traveling and packing).
- The Eufy Security model is slightly cheaper. Below you can see a chart between the differences of the Eufy models.
Check out our complete course about Flying With A Baby Under Two Years Old!
Use discount code BRIGGS for a limited time!
3. VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor
- Up to 1,000 feet of range
- It beeps the minute you fall out of range
- Both the parent unit(s) and baby unit allow you to turn on or off the night light on the baby unit (green light).
- Note-The parent unit runs on rechargeable Ni-MH battery or AC power. To continuously monitor your baby, make sure you use both battery and AC power at the same time. With the battery alone, the parent unit can cordlessly run for a short time only. This is the drawback of this monitor in my opinion.
- A cheaper version of this monitor is the VTech Upgraded Audio Baby Monitor
4. Hellobaby Baby Monitor
- Room temperature monitor and alert, night vision, lullaby, sound level LED indicator, audio only mode.
- It’s not HD but the picture and sound quality are still good
- Setup is extremely simple
- Parent Unit powered by rechargeable battery
5. Vava Baby Monitor
- 5” 720P HD display
- Room temperature monitoring
- Battery Life: 12hrs audio-only mode and 24hrs display mode
- 480ft-900ft Transmission Range
6. Motorola Comfort75 Video Baby Monitor
- There are several models that Motorola offers but this one does not use Wifi to connect
- You don’t need to be tech-savvy to use this baby monitor
- Cost-effective option
- The Hubble Baby Smart Sleep Assistant feature helps keeps track of your baby’s hours of sleep
7. Baby Sense Baby Monitor
- Split-Screen HD Display with 2 HD Cameras
- 720 HD image on the large 5″ LCD display
- 960ft range
- Two Way Talk Back
- Two other versions are the 4.3 split screen monitor and the 2.4 inch baby monitor
8. Anmeate Baby Monitor
- Low cost option for a traveling baby monitor
- 2.4 inch screen which makes it easy to pack
- Video monitor covers a transmission range of up to 960 feet
- Easy installation